The PIRANHA Dual-Agent Restaurant Fire Suppression System employs the best firefighting attributes of two extinguishing agents: the fast flame knockdown and securing power of wet chemical and the fast cool-down capability of water. The system provides protection for settings such as casual and fine dining, fast food chains, culinary schools, sports complexes and stadiums and four-and five-star lodging facilities.
The only agent-plus-water fire suppression hybrid on the market today, the PIRANHA System outperforms all conventional single-agent systems. The system attacks fire using the rapid flame knockdown and the securing capabilities of PRX Liquid Fire Suppressant. After that, water follows, quickly cooling the cooking media and further helping to prevent reflash.
Features & Benefits
Tests have shown dramatically increased firefighting performance:
- Twice the coverage of conventional single-agent systems.
- 15 times faster than conventional single-agent systems in cooling down cooking oils
- Reliable gas cartridge operation.
- Five-year limited warranty.
- 60 percent less chemical agent required and covers hazard areas better.
- Smaller and fewer agent storage tanks required per system.
UL, ULC, ASSE, LPCB, IAMPO and CE approved or listed.
Common applications for PIRANHA systems include airports, casual and fine dining restaurants, catering facilities, culinary schools, expo kitchens, four-and five-star lodging facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, sports complexes and stadiums.
Extensive UL 300 Listed Non-Standard Cooking Appliances
- Belshaw Century Fryers
- Donut Fryers
- Nieco Broilers with/without catalysts
- Marshall Air Chamber Broilers
PIRANHA Dual-Agent Restaurant Fire Suppression System-Increased Nozzle Heights
High proximity nozzles are now offered with PIRANHA systems help to meet the need for more aesthetically pleasing cooking and dining environments. The UL listed nozzle design allows appliance protection nozzles to be installed up to 84 in. (2133 mm) above the cooking hazard, nearly flush with the top of the hood, and out of view while providing the same reliable protection that PIRANHA systems have always offered.
Features & Benefits
Added benefits of high proximity nozzles include:
- High proximity nozzles offer reliable protection while remaining out of site.
- UL listed for multiple appliances
- Complements kitchen décor
- Reduces potential for nozzle redirection or obstruction
- Reduces potential for grease accumulation around the nozzle
- Eliminates visible nozzle drop piping
- Helps simplify cleaning and service
- Easy to upgrade existing systems